Japan Exchange Programme
Within the framework of an inter-university cooperation agreement, the International Relations Department (DRI) welcomes students from Meiji University in Japan for study stays at the University of Reunion Island.
Please follow this link to access the guide for foreign students, which will enable you to familiarise yourself with life on the Campus as well as the customs and traditions specific to Reunion Island.
For your information, the application campaign for the academic year 2021-2022 is already open!
You are a student at the University of Meiji
- You must be selected by your university. It is the International Relations Department of your university that sends us the list of nominated students.
- You pay the tuition fees at your home university and not at the University of Reunion Island.
- The bi-lateral agreement allows for a maximum of two (2) students, either graduate or undergraduate, each year.
Two (2) one-semester exchange students are counted as one (1) one-year exchange student.
Students can come to study for 1 or 2 semesters (the academic year runs from August to June):
- first semester (autumn): mid-August to mid-December
- second half of the year (winter): end of January to end of June
Step 1: The University of Reunion Island creates your account on the online application platform.
Step 2: You will receive an email asking you to confirm your account.
Step 3: You complete your online application form.
Step 4: Once you have completed your application, it is submitted to Mr Jean-Joseph TRAMONI, the exchange programme coordinator of the University of Reunion Island, and to the international liaison officer of the faculty you wish to study at.
Step 5: Your application is validated and you will then receive a letter of admission from the University of Reunion Island, which will enable you to apply for a visa.
We can provide you with accommodation in a student residence. To do so, you must complete the following documents, which you will need to attach to your online application:
1. If you arrive between Monday and Friday, the DRI will be able to pick you up from the airport. As soon as you know your arrival date, please complete and submit the form 'Annonce d'Arrivée' to help us organize your welcome at the airport. This should be done before:
- July 1st if you're arriving for the first semester (starts in August)
- December 1st if you're arriving for the second semester (starts in January)
2. A welcome day is organised every year for international students to introduce them to the campus and the university services.
- You must have your entry into France validated by the OFII and must obtain a residence permit. You can do this as soon as you arrive via this link.
- You will have to register as a teacher. The DRI will assist you in this process. Changes to the teaching contract must be approved by your home university.